Tel: 01579 363069 (day/eves) ~ Mobile: 07770 804954
Family owned since 1979, Darley Ford Quarry supplies granite to both trade and domestic customers. Situated between Launceston and Liskeard in South East Cornwall, and close to Bodmin Moor, we are able to provide a full range of granite products across the South West of England and further afield.
No job too small or too large!
Please browse our site for examples of our products and contact us to discuss your specific requirements. (Granite is an inherently variable material and some tonal variations may occur from time to time.)
We supply granite from our own quarry at Darley Ford, and stock a range of granite from other quarries – all competitively priced .
Products available from our own quarry here in Cornwall include: granite building stone, random cropped granite, granite rockery stone, granite walling stone and granite facing stone, granite feature stones, granite boulders, granite cobbles and tumbled granite.
We also stock granite quoins, granite lintels, granite gateposts, granite setts, granite kerbs, granite steps, granite cobbles, granite fireplaces, granite paving, granite signs, granite bird baths, granite benches, granite garden ornaments, granite garden furniture, granite troughs and granite water features. Additionally, we are able to supply polished granite, slate products and chippings.
We have large quantities of granite materials available for immediate delivery.
Our Cornish random cropped granite is a natural split stone that has been placed under a hydraulic machine and pressure applied between two hardened blades to split to the required sizes. Our Cornish granite hedging and rockery stone is available from a hand-picked selection.
Granite products are available in a variety of finishes including:
- Bush-hammered granite finish - produced by a pointed head mechanical hammer that roughens the surface of stone with a variable finish dependent on the size of hammer-head used.
- Rough punched granite finish is achieved by hand or machine and produces a rustic finish.
- Fair-picked and fine-picked granite offers a finish similar to bush-hammered.
- Honed granite gives a smooth unpolished finish.
- Flamed or thermal heat treated granite provides a textured finish.
- Cleaved granite is split granite.